That's right our yard sale was a one day wonder, even though we had absolutely NO sleep!
But first lets rewind a week and I'll tell you the tale.....
I got the news from Audrey that we were going to have our yard sale... And I had 1 week to get my crap together (literally!) and be prepared! I cleaned out closets, went through bedrooms, and even took down some decorations I was just sick of!! I loaded up Friday afternoon and headed to Audrey's -- My car (SUV!) was packed, I had a ton of STUFF!
We unloaded and started to get things hung-up, priced, and generally cleaned off... it took FOR-EV-ER!! Around 1 am we decided to take a break and go hang-up our signs real quick (I have to laugh right here because it was anything but quick!)... As we were heading out we realized that we needed a few more supplies. SO... we headed into Walmart to get what we needed. Then we decided that we wanted to get something to eat... so only two and a half hours later we started to hang our
16-bright pink-poster size-Yard Sale signs...
I got the news from Audrey that we were going to have our yard sale... And I had 1 week to get my crap together (literally!) and be prepared! I cleaned out closets, went through bedrooms, and even took down some decorations I was just sick of!! I loaded up Friday afternoon and headed to Audrey's -- My car (SUV!) was packed, I had a ton of STUFF!
16-bright pink-poster size-Yard Sale signs...
(this is a video clip... just push play!)
We finished hanging them around 4:30 am.... I think this was the moment that we realized that we would NOT be going to bed... AT ALL!
We had the first "customer" at 6 am, even though we weren't set to start until 8 am. It was like the first ant at a picnic.... we got completely swarmed.
We had a few special items that we seriously debated just throwing away (like this special gem of a leather jacket that was Toby's when he was younger-- he swears he never wore it!)
... but we decided it would be funny to watch and see if they sold instead.
(The other was a really old pair of my moms pants that had to be from the early 80's and were completely UG-LY!)
They both were some of the first things to sell~ yet some of the really cute things from the Mini Bazaar didn't sell..... I really don't get it!?!
By the end of the day Audrey, Torri, and I were in the house and the husbands were running the show.... they were handing out screaming deals left and right, we didn't care it was all headed to D.I. anyway.
The kids played on the slip-n-slide, rode bikes, and just had a good old time...
(Just so you know: Jayce climbed into the basket under the stroller by himself and actually stayed there for quiet a while!)
It was another successful Yard Sale...
And I'm almost caught-up on my sleep!!

6 comments:
K now i am worried, we are having a yard sale this weekend and I KNOW I will not be able to function on NO sleep! I better get to work! Glad you had fun!
I think I remember Toby wearing that leather jacket. I was young, but it looks really familiar.
You guys are troopers. If you saw the load I have ready to get rid of today, you'd be so glad you don't have to go through it for your sale. It's a bunch!
You guys better not make fun of the stuff I find for you, though. It might hurt my feelings. (Remember the bag of Depends last year??)
That sounds like so much work. Glad you had some fun with it and that it was a success.
Boy, looking at the pic of the massive mess and piles and the video gave me a little anxiety! Good thing we had so much fun doing it or I might check myself in to the nutt house for doing it 2years in a row!
I was thinking... we sure did pretty dang good for only 1 day!
Wanna do another next week? NOT!
Ok I must still be tired, I am saying dumb things.....goodnight!
You guys are so hardcore in the whole yardsale department! Levi and I laughed pretty good at the pic of Jayce in the stroller, he is so funny! :)
Post a Comment