CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Viva Las Nascar!!

Last Weekend Toby and I loaded-up and headed to Vegas... for Nascar weekend!! We've never been to a race... so he was excited and I was just along for the ride!!
When we left it was a total blizzard!!


But by Friday Morning we were in 75 degree weather in Las Vegas!! We all went to Qualifying when we got there... and I do have to say it was pretty cool!!
We saw plenty of white-trash-nascar-freaks... like the kind that if you don't like "THEIR" driver it's like you just told them that their baby was ugly... In other words I laughed ALOT!!
(Here's just a little example: check-out the guy with the french braid!)
This is Kori posing on a golf cart that looks like one of those muscle cars... they were pretty cute, but they cost as much as normal car!!


As we were watching the cars cruise on by Toby leans over and (now any of you who know Toby... Know what a lawn freak he is!!), he says "Check out that mowing job!"... only HE would notice the grass when cars are racing by at 180 mph and are sooo loud that if you yell at the person next to you- you can't even hear yourself!!

On Saturday and Sunday the boys went to the races and the girls shopped and shopped!! It was the perfect vacation... the boy were busy so the girls could shop then we met up for dinner and tons of F-U-N!!
Friday night we had 6 couples and went to Margaritaville...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time... It was a BLAST!!
On Saturday... we enjoyed In-N-Out!!
On Sunday we had loads of fun at the Cheesecake Factory with 5 couples!!
Then Monday we loaded-up and headed home to our kiddies and of course the snow!! If it wasn't for my kids I may have stayed... It was a FUN weekend!!
I think we'll go again next year!!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Fun for you guys! I want to go somewhere with sun.

Lucy said...

Hey, that sunshine looks REALLY good.

hmmm said...

i had myself a little giggle when i read about the mowing job.
yep. that sounds about right for toby.

yes, you will have to go next year.

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

It looks like you guys had a blast there! Did you get to see Tom Cruise at NASCAR?? I heard he was there:) I am glad that it was warm for you guys when you went! We leave for Las Vegas in 9 days, I can hardly wait for the warm weather!

bobbi said...

SWEET trip!! Glad you guys had fun-- we miss you all!!

brandy said...

I have been dying to see some Nascar pictures!! Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! Hopefully in 2 years I will be right there shopping with you.
That's so funny that Toby noticed the lawn. He and Chris have that in common.
What is on Kori's head? Are you kidding me? Hilarious.

The VanOrden Family said...

don't you love idaho weather? sounds like a had a blast. i'm sure its one of those events thats so much better in person, like hockey! hope your bread turns out well. i'm always scared to make anything that says "bread." i'm not a great cook!