CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

M-A-R-C-H---F-O-R-T-H-!

Today is a day that I both dread and look forward to.... It is my Mom's birthday!!
I always look forward to a day to think about her and all that she meant to me and my family, but somewhere inside me I get this sadness that starts to grow until this day... I really miss her!!
But instead of being sad today I have decided to use this day to help my kids know her and the type of person she was!!
I want them to know how she was sassy, and funny, and so incredibly giving!! She had this light inside her that drew people to her... and she loved the gospel. She loved to learn and would study and take classes to learn as much as she could about our church.
So today I chose (again!) to MARCH FORTH! This year I hope to focus on my Mom's love of learning & teaching as I MARCH FORTH, I hope to teach my kids about her and learn from them & their excitement as they learn about the world and the gospel.
I chose to MARCH FORTH and protect my kids innocence (as best I can!) from the outside world and all the bad things that are out there these days!!
I chose to MARCH FORTH and support my husband and love him even when he gets on my nerves!! (I'll have to work hard on this one!!)
My Mom was an amazing Lady and I can only dream of being like her someday... I want nothing more than to make her proud to call me her daughter.... So today and every day I will MARCH FORTH striving to be a daughter she would be proud to have!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!
I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Love this post and I loved your mom too! Who didn't! Way to go

Ginger said...

I didn't know your mom, but I have had the greatest opportunity to know you, and know that your mother's heart must swell with pride every time she looks down at you. You are such a great person. My heart fluttered a little reading this post. I think you are the greatest Miss Becky, and I miss you!!!

Kellie said...

It sounds like you are alraedy alot like your Mom.
She and Cannon share the dame BDay! =)

Lucy said...

What a beautiful post for your Mom's birthday, Becky. I remember you did such a good one last year, and I've thought of it often. What a neat person.
Good job on your goals and this post in honor of your Mom!

bobbi said...

Good job, Becky! I am so proud of you and I know your mom would be proud of you, too-- she loved you very much! We love and miss her LOTS-- thanks again for the awesome post.

Kathy said...

such a sweet post for your mom Becky. I loved your mom, still do. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kim said...

Becky, I thought of you all day yesterday. I know your mom is so very proud of the woman you have become! I am so thankful that I have someone to look up to, your thoughts and words have helped in healing my heart! Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful things of your mom! I always thought she was FABULOUS!

brandy said...

Becky, I loved this post as well. I also remember the tribute you did for your mom last year. Equally as touching.
You are an amazing mom because you had an amazing mom. From your description of her being sassy, funny, giving, and had a light that drew in all, I would say you are definately your momma's girl. I love you and here's a huge hug from Ohio :)

Kori said...

Becky,
Your post is beautiful! I've thought about you all week, hope you got my message. I didn't know your mom either but I know she is proud of you! Your heart is huge and your laughter is contagious and that I love you for. I am so glad to be a part of your life now and forever. Know of my love for you and your cute family, yes even Toby:)!

Thanks for coming on our fun trip it was great to get to know you even more!! Maybe next time we go to ER-RAY and party all night wrong in a cono! Oh the laughs we'll have forever:)

Lots of love and hugs!
Kori Kay Sauric

Audrey said...

What a COOL birthday for such an AMAZING lady!
I may be a little emotional and sensative already but I had to blink a thousand times to get through your words about your mom!
What a great woman!