
Zoey had her first day of school Yesterday and I still can't believe she's that old!! The day started really good... she was really excited to go and especially to ride the bus. We got her ready to go, fed her lunch, got her new backpack on her, took some pictures... then we waited, and waited. I was worried we had missed the bus, but the other kids down the street were waiting too. When the bus finally got here it was 45 minutes late, making the kids 30 minutes late for their 1st day.

I was really excited to see how her day went that I went outside to wait for her bus. When it got here she ran off the bus and started to cry. She said she didn't want to go back (of course she told me she changed her mind like 2 minutes later), she had gotten stuck in the seat belt on the way to school and it really scared her. After she got that out she told me about the computers and playing outside... I asked if she talked to some other kids and believe it or not, I think she might be a little shy around the kids she doesn't know. I was blown away... I never thought she would ever have trouble talking to kids... I mean she talks to everyone everywhere we go!!

Today is the 2nd day and she was a little nervous, I hope it goes better than yesterday or she might not want to go back.... Stay tuned!!
10 comments:
The first day of kindergarten is always so exciting because they want to ride the bus so bad! I love that the bus takes them and brings them home too. I hope the
2nd day went better. See you in Bear Lake.
Zoey looked so cute on her first day of school. I bet she'll get to know the other kids and will love it. In fact I predict that Zoey, like me, will be one of those students who gets in trouble for talking in class...hopefully she won't get in too much trouble though...
Is Aunt Ellen Zoey's teacher?
She will probably do just fine in a day or two. I can't believe she is that old either. She will be a great help to her teacher.
Yea for Zoey's first day. She looked darling. I hope her bus driver is nice. That may be what scared her.
Is it hard for her to call Aunt Ellen, Mrs. Barzee?
I think that the first day of school for my oldest was as hard on me as it was on her. As a matter of fact, I don't think it was hard on her at all!
The whole seat belt thing was too sad. I'm glad she got out of the bus. Zoey is going to do great with school, I just know it.
Ok Mom so be honest...did you have a hard time too? I only had a hard time with Conner since he was the 1st...now I'm kicking them out the door! OK so maybe they are running but either way school is GREAT! Zoey looks so cute! You'll have to post when she wears that cute stuff you ordered so we can see them on her!! Way fun stuff!
Becky, I think I had Mrs. Barzee for kindergarten there in Rexburg!! How long has she been there? I swear that was my kindergarten teacher's name!!!!! How crazy is that? And you guys are related to her? I just remember we got to go to her house for dinner for something that we accomplished that year and played in her backyard and playhouse-- let me know if she's taught kindergarten for over 30yrs!!!!
Tell Zoey that McKayla loves her backpack and we all hope she has a great kindergarten year!!
I don't think I like that school bus driver very much!! Poor Zoey! Such an excited sweet girl and then to have to experience her on her first day... Yeah, I don't like that bus driver very much!
Atleast she has Aunt Ellen! What a lucky girl! I wish she could teach my kids Kindergarten!
yay Zoey!
you look like the cutest cutie every!
oh- your kids are all grown up! :) reading this blog got me all scared for my kids to go to school-thanks a lot! haha!
Post a Comment