HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Thank you to all those ladies who guided us in our lives the most important being our own mothers... They carried us for nine months, went through the pain of delivery, they woke up when we cried even though they were exhausted, they cleaned up after us, they took care of us when we were sick, they took care of us when THEY were sick, they kissed our boo-boos, they told us we were cute when only a mother could have, they dealt with the crazy hormonal teenager, they grounded us so we could learn choice and accountability, they drove us to college and stocked our fridge, they helped us plan our wedding even though we could act like spoiled brats, she was there the day I lost my baby boy and her heart broke with mine, she was there when I had my little girl and took care of us and taught me how to be a mom, she was there whenever I needed advice, she was there to tell me to be nice, She was my best friend... I love and miss her dearly. But even though she may be gone I have been very blessed to have an amazing Mother-in-law. She raised Toby to be the man he is today, she loves my kids, and she listens to me when I need it most. She has helped me through a difficult time by just being the kind, compassionate, funny person that she always is. I love that she is so like my mom, and has never treated me like a daughter-in-law but just as one of her own!! Thank you Lucy!!
My family has been blessed to have another mother come into our lives. She has made my dad happy again, she has made their house feel like a home again, she cares enough to tell me to take my medicine or go to the doctor (it reminds me of my mom!), but most of all she loves my kids and has helped heal the heart of my little girl after losing her Grandma, she treats her just like I know my mom would and I am eternally grateful to her for making her feel special... Thank You Pat!!
I hope you all have a great day and remember don't wait until Mother's Day to tell your mom that you love her... tell and show her daily~ you never know when the last time will be!! I love you all!!

4 comments:
This is a super sweet, and a bit emotional, posting. There is nothing like a good mom and/or woman that has touched our lives.
Happy Mother's Day!!
That was such a sweet post. I thought about you a lot yesterday wondering how you were doing. Thank you so much for accepting my mom the way you have and making her feel so welcome. I know she truly loves every member of your whole family.
I missed you guys over the weekend. I heard you guys had such a blast! Hopefully we will get to see you guys before hte holidays...
I agree, I think both of our mom's are pretty Awesome! I loved your post...and I hope you had a nice day.
What a nice post....Thank you Becky. Your family is a lot like ours and it seems like we just fit. I feel so lucky that each of our kids have found someone to marry that fits so well with us. I hope we don't gross eveybody out too often with our sick humor, etc. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!
Post a Comment