CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 11, 2008

We all had one...

An AwKwArD sTaGe... I was inspired by Bobbi's blog about Carter. So I was hoping we can all have a good laugh at the ugly/awkward stages we all went through!! I'll start with me....
(I apologize for the blurry pictures... I'm having trouble with my scanner!!) I really don't need to say much... because a picture is worth a 1,000 words!! The first picture is from 1st grade and I had the huge teeth, but my awkward stage usually focused around my HAIR!! You gotta love the 80's-- hence the side pony!!
(I dedicate this next part to my brother-in-law Jared!!)
Next we move along to Toby... He had some serious struggles-- big teeth, goofy glasses, and (again with the 80's hairdo) the mullet!!
Toby at 7! Toby at 10! Toby at 12!!
I hope you all had a good laugh!! Now I'll be watching for everyone to post on their awkward stage... We've all had them- now is the time to look back and enjoy them!!

8 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love that last picture of Toby! PRICELESS!! I bet those glasses are worth big money by now. And I really enjoyed your bangs on your first picture. too cute---

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!!! That was AWESOME! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who went though those incredibly awkward stages! I thoroughly enjoyed that post. :)

bobbi said...

HILLLLLLLARIOUS!!!!!! You are a brave one-- and I'm thinking Toby had no choice, you were putting those pictures in no matter what! Well, tell him I have some with big glasses, too! I'm soooo sorry that my printer/scanner is broke and waiting for Matt to buy me a new one!:) Maybe if it happens quickly I'll scan my lovlies in!! Love you guys!!!

Audrey said...

Awesome! So minus your hair you were actually pretty cute! Now Toby on the other hand.... the first picture with the football I think is pretty cute. By the last one YIKES! Tell Toby that Napolion called and wants his glasses and fuzzy hair back! (was tobe sporting a mullet?)

Lucy said...

Hey guys! That's my son, and I may have helped him pick out those glasssssssssssssssssses. (do they nearly go down to his chin?) Be careful not to hurt his or my feelings now!

Kellie said...

LOL !!!
I don't think I will be following suite and posting my awkward pics.

Battfam said...

Those pictures were great. I'll have to agree with Bobbi though. The clear winner is that last one of Toby. It made me wonder if glasses used to be more expensive because of all the lens area. That's amazing.

Cassie said...

Wow! And I'm related to you two! Honestly, I think you are both adorable.
I've always wondered why there aren't any pics of Layne at this age(or any age really)but now I'm thinking he is SO darn lucky!