If you're wearing a scummy t-shirt and put on a nice coat are you still scummy?.... Here's why I ask.... Today started a little slow... I got my kids dressed, did some work, then fed them lunch, and got
Jayce down for a nap.... Not even caring what I looked like. Then my sister called and asked me to come and join them for lunch. I threw on some jeans, a t-shirt, messed with my hair a little, got Toby to watch the kids, threw on my nice coat and ran out the door. I didn't feel scummy with my coat on... but when the time came to take off my coat ...that's when this thought came to mind!! Do I still look scummy if you don't see the shirt? Man I hope not. Cause without the coat I felt like a total scum bum!! My apologies to those who had to share a table with me. Next time, hopefully, I'll look a little better!
Now to go a totally different direction.... We had lunch at the Hard Hat in Rexburg...Yummy!! (I love, love, love their dump truck chicken...YUM-O!!)They have this awesome ice sculpture of the Rexburg temple out front. It even has the words "Holiness to the Lord. House of the Lord." Carved in it... look close and you can see it. And at night it is all lit up. The only thing is that the angel Moroni is HUGE... I know its probably because it would be really hard to carve such detail and have it so little. But he seriously is even to big to go inside!! Anyway... It's really cool... So if you're in the area you should go see it!!...
Hugs and Kisses to all.....
9 comments:
That's an awesome ice sculpture. And no, I highly doubt you looked like scum! I bet you were the only one who might have thought that. w/ your beauty, honey it doesn't matter what you wear, you make it look good. :)
I definitely think that a cute coat or vest can cover up scummy shirts & Sweats (like I do at Walmart). It's especially nice when the hood on it has FUR! That adds an extra classy touch...
Ok so LOVE the new background...VERY festive and fun!
I am going to have to hit up the Hard Hat and see that cool sculpture...
Fun music and a moment of silence for Becky in getting the rest of the gang to hop on the blog train...WOOT WOOT!
WHAT THE?!?! When did you start "approving" your comments? You have been busy!
I love going scummy on the inside, nice on the outside. It is such a great trick. It's a little harder to do in the summer though, so enjoy it while you can.
I don't know why I had the moderation thing on!! It's off now...SORRY!
As long as you showered I wouldn't consider you scummy. My fav is a tee and jeans!
I guess I was scummy then!! I really hadn't showered yet....YUCK!!
The Hard Hat Cafe seems a weird spot for the ice sculpture of the temple. But whatever. Now that you told me about it I want to see it though. I doubt it will melt this week. It has been sooooo cold.
Your scummy thing reminded me of a joke your Father-in-law told a few years back. Here's Jay's joke:
Question: Why do girls wear make-up and perfume?
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink. HA HA HA!
Post a Comment