CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Infomercials?!?... Really!?!

I used to wonder why they show so many Infomercials on the kids channels.... Well I now understand!
About a week ago Zoey was trying to talk me into buying her something (who knows ~she always wants something odd!)... Anyway I decided I would try to teach her a little about money.

ME: "Zoey those things cost money and you already spent your birthday money... So if you would like to EARN some, I can give you some jobs to do!!"

ZOEY: "No mom you can just send in your old gold and they will send you lots of money!"

ME: "What are you talking about?"

ZOEY: "On the TV they say to send your extra gold and they will give you money!" (of course, right about then the commercial comes on!) "See they'll GIVE you lots of money!"

I about died laughing. I couldn't believe she had actually been listening and totally buying the commercial.
Then last night, Toby and I were sitting on our bed watching a show when she comes running in and all out of breath says:

ZOEY: "You guys come here there's something on TV for your zits!"
(Toby and I started laughing!)

TOBY: "Zoey we are not buying Proactiv!"

ZOEY: "No it really works.... All you have to do is put it on in the evening!"

We about died!!
Those people are really doing their jobs... They have Zoey completely sold on everything they say!!

15 comments:

Bobbi said...

HAAAAAAA! That is Hilarious. Especially that she said "zits."

Heidi said...

Becki, I always wondered what happened to you. I happened upon your blog and thought I would say hi. Your kids are beautiful and your Zoey sounds like a sweetheart. I am glad to hear everything is going well for you!

Heidi (Smith) Cornell

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny!

Audrey said...

oh that is hilarious!!! zo is probably dying to tell me about proactive right now!! (with my preg breakout)
i must watch the same chanels she is watching cuz i knew exactly everyone of those commercials she mentioned!
funny girl!

Sara said...

LOL!! that's hilarious

Lucy said...

Zoey.....she's going to be a great shopper, just like the rest of us!
Yea!

hmmm said...

jason and i laughed out loud!
well, if ya do end up giving Proactiv a try let me know how it works out for you dudes. (my chin has been breaking out for quite some time now.)
jessica simpson says it works great.
ha!

Kellie said...

HA HA HA HA
Thanks for the laugh!

brandy said...

She is a crack up! You better hide your credit cards.

Cassie said...

I'm a total fan of Proactiv!
(Yes, I've used it before and I love it. Audrey, I still have some if you'd like me to send it.)

This is one of my top funny posts!!! Zo has it all figured out.

bobbi said...

Don't get Zoey and my kids together or we'll be in trouble-- because all I hear is "mom! Hurry! come look at this, I think you really need this or that-- then you wouldn't lose things in your purse so much and you wouldn't forget things at the store!" They have it all figured out and us, too, huh? Miss you guys-- LOL!!

Battfam said...

Very funny. Too bad it can't all be true.

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

Zoey is too funny! we make fun of the gold commercial every time we see it;) Good to know someone believes it!

Cat said...

Hey Becky -
Found your blog threw another blog. Your daughter is awesome!

Cat

Ginger said...

Hey, a sucker like me! I totally read into those. Poor JOn, right after I had Maddy I was up all night nursing and watched every infommercial known, and believed every stinkin one of them! Jon had to hear about my list of things we know NEEDED! Haha, Zoe and I can be buds!