The other day Jen Barzee called and asked if I wanted to go down to the Cannery. I was really excited... I had never been before. So we loaded up Hannah and Jayce (both 2) and headed to I.F. to do a LITTLE canning!!We washed up, put on our gloves & hairnets (don't the kids look cute with their hair nets on!!), & picked out what we wanted to can.
Three hours later... I alone had 30 big cans of different things, a box of pancake mix, & 1/2 gallon of honey.... To say the least I think I've made a pretty good start on my food storage... And it feels really good!!

8 comments:
Good for you!!! I love working on our food storage. You're right, it does feel good. The kids looked darling. Wish we had a pic of you and Jen with your hair up pretty.
Darling picture. But do they let kids in the cannery? It just seems like those cans are so big they might lose a kid in one.
Good job on having some food storage.
Yes, way to go on the storage. Something about those big cans are just kind of comforting.
Way to go Becky & Jen. You guys have good ideas and the kids look like they had a great time!
Becky...you are impressive!! Good job with the food storage! I just can't get over how much you guys accomplished with 2 two year-olds running around. I can barely get lunch on the table with my 2 little angels.
It is fun to work at the cannery. Did you ever try the dried apples? They are delicious! That's awesome you guys got to go.
Jacer looks so cute in his hair net! I want to come with you next time.
Post a Comment