CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our Graduate...


Last week we had Zoey's preschool graduation. It was really cute and funny. The kids sang a bunch of the songs that they had learned, they told jokes, and the teacher quizzed them on the words that they had learned in Portuguese. It was a nice and well thought out program!! Her teacher had even made graduation caps for them to wear ~ it was hilarious. Zoey loved every minute of it!! She loves the spotlight... I was convinced that I needed to get her into some sort of acting she really knows how to ham it up!! In fact here's the joke she told... (she told it with her friend Talise... and Talise has a bit of a lisp, enough said) Here goes:
Zoey: What do you get when you put three ducks in a box?
Talise: A box of QUACKERS!!! haha
Before graduation I asked Zoey if she was sad that she was almost done with preschool.... She has really loved her teacher. She just says "Mom... I'm just sooo excited for kindergarten!" Not the reaction I was expecting but I loved it!! She gets to have Toby's Aunt Ellen for her kindergarten teacher... And she really can't wait! We've had a few little orientations for kindergarten at the school, so they could get to know their teacher and find out where the bathroom is... You know the important stuff!! I'm really glad that she is so excited... But I am starting to get a little sad that she is so big ~ They grow up way to fast!! Congratulations Zo!! This new adventure starts this Fall!!

8 comments:

Battfam said...

Para Bems! (Congratulations in Portuguese, but Zoey probably knows that.) Zoey e uma menina linda!

Kellie said...

What a cutie pie!!! That sounds like a really great program.

Bobbi said...

Lucky for Zoey to get Aunt Ellen on her last year of teaching! I am sure she'll love kindergarten. My favorite part was that there was a bus to pick them up and bring them home...no more
carpooling. The boys and I had fun with Zoey last weekend!

Audrey said...

FUNNY joke Zoey! You are a funny little lady!

hmmm said...

figuring out where the bathroom IS very important! I'm glad that was on their top priority list--wheewph!

(good job on the Portuguese Aunt Millie!)

brandy said...

Congrats Zoey!! What a huge step for the both of you!! Kindergarten? How do they grow up so fast? I will cry my eyes out when Avery goes to kindergarten! Well here's to the summer! Do you guys have anything planned?

Lucy said...

Zoey did a really good job that day. I always wondered if there was something wrong with me because I wasn't sad when they went to kindergarten. They were so excited themselves, so I was, too.

Cassie said...

Congrats Zoey!
Yes, Becky, it is sad when they are old enough for school. But the next thing you find yourself thinking is....What! Are you home already?!